To Learn More About the 504 Protest:
- The Activist’s Handbook by Randy Shaw
- Bancroft Library Disability Rights and Independent Living Movement Online Oral Histories
- Becoming Real in 24 Days by HolLynn D’Lil
- A Disability History of the United States by Kim Nielsen
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund 20th Anniversary Section 504 Website
- The Disability Rights Movement: From Charity to Confrontation by Doris Zames Fleischer and Freida Zames.
- Fading Scars: My Queer Disability History by Corbett O’Toole
- From Good Will To Civil Rights: Transforming Federal Disability Policy by Richard Scotch
- “Lomax’s Matrix: Disability, Solidarity, and the Black Power of 504,” by Susan Schweik.
- No Pity: People with Disabilities Forging a New Civil Rights Movement by Joseph Shapiro
Click here to begin viewing the tour of our virtual exhibit.
After a 7 month run at the Ed Roberts Campus in Berkeley and 3 months at the San Francisco Public Main Library, the main exhibit has returned to storage. To see the traveling version of Patient No More, visit Exhibit Envoy!
Pink Palace Museum, Memphis, TN: November 8, 2020 – January 24, 2021
Miami University, Miami, OH: February 28 – April 25, 2021
East Texas Oil Museum at Kilgore College, Kilgore, TX: August 22 – October 17, 2021
Museum on Main, Pleasonton, CA: April 3 – May 29, 2022
Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County, Moorhead, MN: March 25 – June 11, 2023