Comics and Medicine Panel
Event Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2018Location: Library 286 - SFSU, 1600 Holloway Ave., San Francisco, CA 94132
Comics and Medicine: Communicating the Nuances of Intimate and Vulnerable Experiences through Words and Images
You’re Invited! Please join the SFSU Health Humanities & Narrative Medicine Affinity Group in a Panel Discussion Featuring Three Comics Authors:
- Brixby Larzelier, Master’s Student, SFSU Department of Geography and author of Fibro Fog (a graphic thesis in progress).
- Maureen Burdock, Doctoral Candidate in Cultural Studies, UC Davis and author of The Baroness (a graphic dissertation in progress).
- Rachel Lindsay, author of Rx (a newly published graphic memoir).
Sponsored with generous support from:
- Health Equity Institute for Research, Practice & Policy
- Paul K. Longmore Institute on Disability